OUR SCHOOL PURPOSE
At Wundowie Primary School, our purpose is to ensure that all students develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their individual potential and contribute to society. ‘We Strive to Excel’.
VISION is “quality teaching empowering students to maintain improved performance”
OUR SCHOOL ETHOS
The community of Wundowie Primary School has a common focus on maintaining a safe, harmonious and stimulating working environment in which students have the opportunity to achieve to their potential. Each child is a valued member of the school community and is actively supported through educational program.
Learning: Our approach to work is positive, and we understand that all students can learn;
Excellence: We have high expectations of our students and ourselves;
Equity: We strive to create a workforce that is free from discrimination, exploitation or abuse. We are mindful of the differing circumstances and needs of our students, and we are dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for all; and
Care: We treat all individuals with care, and our relationships are founded on trust, mutual respect and responsibility.
- Opportunity to learn – We will ensure that our students have the opportunity to engage as fully as possible with the concepts they are to develop, where the information and experiences are inherently meaningful and that our students will have the opportunity to practise these skills.
- Connection and Challenge – We will ensure that learning experiences both connect and challenge our students’ present knowledge, skills and values.
- Action and Reflection – We will ensure that learning experiences will be potentially meaningful for our students, in both action and reflection, with constructive feedback and clear criteria.
- Motivation and Purpose – We will endeavour to both engage our students’ interest and challenge them to excel with learning experiences that have a clear purpose combined with explicit teaching.
- Inclusivity and Diversity – We will endeavour to provide our students with a rich variety of learning experiences which enable them to build on their existing experiences and personal strengths and work in their preferred learning styles.
- Independence and Collaboration – We will provide opportunities for both individual and collaborative learning to ensure our students become autonomous and self-motivated learners.
- Supportive Environment – We will ensure our environment is supportive of students, offering challenge and risk taking to maximize each learning opportunity.