top of page
WundowiePS_Promo 023_edited.jpg


Parent/carers applying to enrol a child in a public school should firstly complete the Application for Enrolment form. Only permanent Australian residents and those children holding an approved visa subclass number are eligible to enrol in public schools. Please complete one form for each child. You will also be required to show proof of your child’s date of birth (usually birth certificate) and of your usual place of residence. An example of this would be a utilities account (electricity, water or telephone) showing your name and usual place of residence.

The Application for Enrolment form enables parents/carers to express an interest in seeking a placement in the school. The Application for Enrolment form does not guarantee enrolment. It just formally expresses a desire to seek a placement. Once a student has been formally offered a placement, parents/carers will be asked to complete a WA Public School Student Enrolment Form to complete the enrolment process. Parents should bring evidence of the child's legal name, immunisation records, immigration records (if applicable) and medical information.


Any Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court should also be made available at the time of enrolment. If your Application for Enrolment is not accepted, you will be advised in writing within three weeks of the advertised closing date for applications.

Note 1: Kindergarten children must be four years old by June 30 in the year they begin school. Similarly, Pre Primary children must be five years old by June 30 and Year 1 students must be six years old by June 30.

bottom of page